Friday, October 5, 2012

Hakin9 magazine exposed by security researchers

Speaking as someone who has recently received multiple requests from hakin9 to contribute articles to their magazine, I found this article on The Register very entertaining.

I received a request from hakin9 (at the time I hadn't heard of their website or magazine) asking for an article on achieving the CISSP certification. I was interested and replied asking for more detail on what they were looking for. They responded but I was busy and never wrote anything for them.
Then a week or so later I received another request asking me to contribute an article about SNORT but it seemed to me that whoever had written the request didn't really understand what SNORT was - which I thought was odd and forgot all about it, until someone sent me the article above. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment